Glance at October 6 University (O6U)
Glance at October 6 University (O6U)
- The pioneer of private university education since its establishment according to the presidential decree number 243 for the year 1996.
- A member of the Association of Arab Universities.
- A member of the Association of African Universities.
- A member of the United Nations initiative on corporate social responsibility (UN Global Compact).
- Shareholders in O6U are institutions and companies, which adds a special institutional character to the university.
- All the degrees awarded by the university are approved and accredited by both Supreme Council of Universities of Egypt.
- The language of instruction is in both Arabic and English.
- The university is in a collaborative partnerships and agreements with many foreign and Egyptian academic institutions.
- The number of students is estimated at approximately 12000,one third of that number are international students drawn from more than 20 nationalities.
- The total area of the university campus is 173.527 thousand square meter (excluding the library building which covers 9000 square meter).
- Green landscaping and playground occupy vast areas of the campus.
- The university campus houses four educational buildings and one administrative building, university hospital and girls hostel. As for the central library and boys hostel, they lie about 150 meters from the university campus.
- The total capacity of the teaching halls and rooms in addition to labs, workshops and special halls can accommodate up to (20) thousand students at a time.
- The university offers its services to students through the departments of cultural relations, international students, public relations, youth care, social solidarity program and transportations service.
- The university houses a centre for authenticating and legalizing documents for community service.
- 14 faculties that provide specializations in the fields of applied technological and social sciences.
- A Center for Quality Assurance and Accreditation, aiming at spreading quality culture besides units for quality assurance and accreditation in all the faculties.
- An Excellence Centre for Training and Human Development.
- (189) laboratories with the total capacity of (6853) students.
- An academic and therapeutic hospital - with the capacity of 320 beds – equipped with up-to-date equipment. The hospital has advanced outpatient clinics offering medical services in all the different majors and subspecialties including: open heart surgery, intensive care, coronary artery care, catheter of interfering heart arteries in addition to the departments of artificial kidney and radiology. The emergency department works round the clock.
- A huge library which is considered a center of cultural dissemination with different halls that display a variety of Arabic and foreign reference books. The library subscribes to more than 4500 electronic periodicals and it has 60 thousand e-book and 5 thousand books on CDs.
- 4 star hostel for female students with the capacity of 262 single and double rooms - some of which are air conditioned.
- 4 star hostel for male students with the capacity of 231 single and double rooms - some of which are air conditioned.
- An outdoor educational museum and another indoor museum for tourism.
- A fleet of buses to serve students and employees to commute between the different districts of Greater Cairo.
- A shopping mall and courts for basketball, handball, football and tennis.
- (124) studying halls and classrooms in addition to audio, visual and multimedia devices.
- A hall for conferences and symposia that can accommodate up to 300 persons.