It aims at enabling students to be familiar with functions of different body systems & coordination between structure & function.
First Semester (Physiology V&VI Codes 205 & 206)):
2.Pysiology of reproduction
5.Physiology of kidney
Second Semester (Physiology VII&VIII Codes 207 & 208)):
1.Central nervous system
- Lectures (150 hours = 5 lectures/week for 30 weeks)
- Practical sections (60 hours = 2 hours/week for 30 weeks)
The minimal acceptable attendance is 75%. Students need to attend at least 60% in order to set for the final examination.
Formative & Summative exams
- Written, case study & oral for assessment of knowledge and understanding
- Practical for assessment of practical skills
- Research for training the student how to get medical information from library and internet websites and how to organize and present knowledge)
A total of 250 marks equally divided between the two semesters as follows:
30% Year Activity
40% Written End-Term Exam
30% Practical & Oral End-Term Exam
- Department books available for students, at the faculty
- Practical books and physiology laboratory.
- Overhead projections, slides and computer presentations used during teaching.
Ganong: text book of medical physiology