It enables graduates to appreciate his role as a physician to identify health problems of the community, and to apply preventive and control measures at the individual & community levels. The graduate will be able to work as a member of the health team within health care delivery system in Egypt. It enables students to perform data collection, presentation, analysis & interpretation to be used in assessment of health status; to identify local settings, culture & traditions & their relation to health & disease.
2: Measurments of health
3: Epidemiologic methods
4: Medical statistics
5: Environment & health
6: General epidemiology
7: Epid.of communicable dis.
8: Epid.of non-communicable dis.
1: Health care management
2: Health care systems and PHC
3: Reproductive health and family planning
4: Adolescent and school health
5: Health of elderly
6: Health education and communication
7: Nutrition in health and disease
8: Mental health
9: Health of peoples with special needs
10: Occupational health
The minimal acceptable attendance is 75%. Students need to attend at least 60% in order to set for the final examination.
Formative & Summative exams
- Written, case study & oral for assessment of knowledge and understanding
- Practical for assessment of practical skills
- Research for training the student how to get medical information from library and internet websites and how to organize and present knowledge)
A total of 300 marks distributed as follows:
40% Year Activity
30% Written End-year final Exam
30 % Practical & Oral End-year final Exam
- Department course notes: Community Medicine, 6th October University, Faculty of Medicine.
- Overhead projectors, slides and computer presentations used during teaching.
Last- Maxy –Rosenau “Public health & preventive medicine” Prentice Hall international Inc